Changes To Council Tenancy Agreements

April 8, 2021

The Council must send you 2 written communications before your life ends. Note: If you are not at home for more than three months and another person resides in your apartment without the consent of the Council, the occupier may be considered an “illegal detainee” and we can take legal action to recover your lease. If you are a sure tenant on the Council and you move from one tenant to another without having a gap in between, you will remain a safe tenant in your new home. If the Council does not do both, you will automatically become a periodically safe tenant when the fixed term ends. If you die, your partner or an adult living permanently in your home can take over your lease. This is what we call the “lease succession.” In this case, the person who wishes to take over the lease must write to the housing office and we will process the application. For more information, please see our Camden Council rental guide. You can request a review of the duration of the lease offered if it is not in accordance with the Commission`s policy. You should contact the Housing Bureau immediately if any changes to your rental agreement or changes are made to the people who live with you. If you do not notify the Commission of any changes, you may violate the terms of your lease. More information on rental types can be found in our Council rental policy. The City Council cannot refuse certain improvements for no good reason. If you have lived with the tenant, you may have the right to succeed.

Talk to the housing agent as soon as possible about your address if you think this might apply to you. Your termination must end on the first or last day of your rental period, unless your lease says otherwise. If we intend to terminate a Secure Scottish lease in this way, we would give you a notification stating that we intend to request the recovery of the property. This would happen within 12 months of the conviction (or, if it was unsuccessfully challenged, after the appeal ended). At the end of the deadline, the Council can decide: if you sign up for your new lease, you will need to sign an approval form allowing the Housing Authority to take and store your photo of yourself. For a common lease, they need the photo of each tenant. If you are a board of directors or a tenant of a housing company and you want a common lease, you must apply to your landlord for a change of lease. If you have any questions about the type of rental, please contact us. It is the city council that decides the duration of the fixed term.

The fixed term could only be 2 years if there is a shorter reason for being. Examples are if you have a history of rent arrears or antisocial behavior. If a housing company or housing authority assigns you a dwelling, you are asked to sign a rental agreement before moving in. The agreement explains what landlords and tenants agree on when the lease exists. If you do not leave, if the notices end, the Council may ask the court to expel you. The court must issue a property warrant when the Commission has sent the appropriate communications and followed the appropriate procedure.


Read more of our favorites

Naked and Afraid:
A Prelude

Mapping Out New
Adventures in 2016

Climbing to New Career Goals

Hunger Games

Camp Blades- A CUT Above the Rest

All rights reserved © We Do It Outside · Theme by Blogmilk + Coded by Brandi Bernoskie